TOP HIGH SCHOOL SCIENCE STUDENTS INDUCTED INTO THE "2021 SCIENCE NATIONAL HONOR SOCIETY"
On Wednesday, February 10th, a group of our top Science students were inducted into the “Science National Honor Society.” Science teachers, Carolyn Heck and Briana Becker, held the Science National Honor Society Induction Ceremony virtually. Also in attendance to congratulate the students were Dr. Robert Wankmuller, Director of Science, Technology and Research; along with Mr. Joseph Wieckhorst and Ms. Kristy Pagliari, High School Assistant Principals.
The 2021 inductees are:
The “Hauppauge Chapter of the Science National Honor Society” was organized in 2017 with the following objectives:
- To encourage and recognize scientific and intellectual thought.
- To advance students’ knowledge of classical and modern science.
- To communicate with the scientific community.
- To aid the civic community with its comprehension of science.
- To encourage students to participate in community service and in turn, encourage a dedication to
the pursuit of scientific knowledge that benefits all of mankind.
Every student inducted as a member of the “Hauppauge Chapter of the Science National Honor Society” has met and maintained the following qualifications:
- Each member is classified as either a junior or senior at Hauppauge High School.
- Each member must have and maintain an 88% un-weighted science scholastic average, an 85%
un-weighted overall scholastic average and a minimum math scholastic average of 80%.
- Each member must have credit for at least one AP or IB level science course during or prior to their
senior year in high school
Congratulations to our 2021 inductees of the “Science National Honor Society!”